Does Google Meet have a virtual background?
Yes! Google recently launched the ability to completely replace your background.
You no longer need to use the virtual background for Google Meet extension either.
Like you can on Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Skype, you can now choose from Google’s default options or upload your own Google Meet virtual background.
How do I get a virtual background on Google Meet?
Follow these instructions to get a virtual background on Google Meet.
First, make sure you meet the minimum requirements for a Google Meet virtual background. These are:
- 3Gb of RAM
- At least 4 CPU cores
- At least 1.6 GHz CPU clock speed
- ARM64 Architecture
If you do meet the minimum requirements, you can change your virtual background before or during your meetings.
Here are the instructions from Google:
- Find the meeting you wish to join (maybe it’s in the form of a calendar invite or a direct link), and click “Join With Google Meet.”
- Google Meet will ask if you’re “Ready to join?”
- Before you do, select the semi-human icon in the bottom-right corner of the video box.
- You are now presented with a host of backgrounds to choose from.
- Simply select the one you want, or upload your own by hitting the “+” option, and you’re off to the races.
6. Select “Join Now” and you have now entered the meeting with your virtual background.
If you don’t have your own image ready to upload, choose from this library of premium virtual backgrounds.
They are created especially for Google Meet and virtual meeting platforms so you know they’ll look great.
How do I remove a virtual background from Google Meet?
If you need to turn your Google Meet virtual background off before you join a meeting, simply tap the semi-human icon in the bottom left of the meeting panel and you’ll be able to toggle your virtual background off.
Don’t worry! Google Meet saves your most recent virtual backgrounds so you won’t lose them.
Options for Google backgrounds
Whether you need a virtual background to hide your messy office, a professional background to impress clients, or are concerned about the privacy of your home, there’s something for everyone.
Here are some favorites:
- Replace your Google Meet background with the beach!
2. Or pretend you’re relaxing by the pool!
3. Or really impress your friends and use a video!
Best background for video conferencing
It’s not a competition. And some people just prefer their natural background to a virtual background.
But if you are competing, then these premium Google virtual backgrounds are right up your street.
And if you use more than Google for video conferencing, you’re in luck too. These premium virtual backgrounds are available for Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and even Skype.