Finding writers who genuinely know about unified communications is hard.
Sure, you could hire a generalist copywriter, ask them to research second-hand the technology, then spend just as long as it took to write and edit it. Somehow, that doesn’t seem like the best idea, though.
And, just like hiring a niche marketing agency, hiring a niche writer always pays dividends.
When she was VP of UX & Marketing at Mio, Meredith Schulz was looking for a content writer who she didn’t need to train to understand the industry and its past.
“Finding someone who had familiarity and passion to follow the United Comms & Collaboration industry, who also knew the goals of content marketing, became a unicorn-seeking recruitment effort. I decided to prioritise passion in my search for the right candidate.”
Let us introduce you to these writers and bloggers who specialise in unified comms, collaboration, and contact centre.
Unified comms writers and marketers
The following are all writers or marketers who provide writing services for unified communications firms.
1 – Dominic Kent
Dominic is the Founder and Lead Marketer at UC Marketing. After spending 10+ years provisioning, project managing, and running consultancy projects in the unified comms and contact centre space, he saw a chasm in the marketing offerings of the providers he was working with.
In 2018, Dominic became a freelance content marketer working with clients like RingCentral, Mio, and Modality Systems where he had so much work he didn’t take a day off.
Through a gap in the market, a passion for writing, and an unrivalled track record of writing blogs that rank #1 on Google, Dominic founded the first-ever content marketing agency solely focussed on unified comms and contact centre.
- The History of Eric Yuan’s Zoom
- Call Center Strategy: How Do You Build One That Sticks?
- The Ultimate Guide To SIP Trunking
2 – Jessie van Breugel
Jessie is a personal brand specialist and content writer who has also spent time “doing” unified comms. His career history includes time spent at MessageBird where he gained first-hand experience of contact centre and CPaaS technology.
A well-known presence as a Medium blogger, Jessie combines his writing skills and technical skills for a happy medium.
Jessie has collaborated on many UC Marketing projects with clients like Nextiva, Blink, and Tella.
- 20 Loom Alternatives You Can Try For Free
- Brand Yourself as A Creator in 2022: The Ultimate Guide
- Here’s the Story of How I Fell in Love with Personal Branding
3 – Shubhankar Roy
Shubhankar is a freelance writer who we reguarly use as our Cisco specialist.
With an extensive networking background at Accenture and other communications companies, Shubhankar comes highly recommended for technical content.
- 3 Ways To Connect Cisco Jabber And Microsoft Teams
- What I learned about winning and keeping customers, from my recent vacation
4 – Nate Chamberlain
Nate is a Microsoft MVP, author, and training specialist. He keeps his personal blog up to date with tips for Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, and PowerShell.
He’s the go-to writer for back-end technical Microsoft content.
- How to remove the Recycle Bin from a SharePoint team site’s navigation menu
- How to join and participate in Microsoft Teams meetings (Video)
- How to send an email when a Planner task is completed using Power Automate
5 – Phil Simon
Phil is a recognised technology authority who’s previously taught classes on analytics, information systems, data visualization, and business intelligence as a professor at Arizona State University.
Phil’s most recent work centres around the theme of helping businesses get to grips with the new age of post-pandemic collaboration.
- Reimagining Collaboration
- Slack for Dummies
- Message Not Received: Why Business Communication Is Broken And How To Fix It
Unified comms analysts
The following are analysts covering the unified comms, collaboration, and contact centre niche.
6 – Irwin Lazar
Irwin is the President and Principal Analyst at Metrigy, a research firm focused in the business communications arena. Irwin regularly publishes Metrigy research and associated commentary on the ever-evolving unified communications landscape.
He’s a regular contributor on vendor panels, at industry conferences, and industry publications like TechTarget.
- The Future of Intercompany Collaboration
- Elements of a Highly Effective UC Strategy for the New Digital Workforce
- The Business Case for Unifying UC and Network Management in the Digital Workplace
7 – Blair Pleasant
Blair is the President and Principal Analyst of COMMfusion – an independent analysis firm specialising in the business communications niche.
Blair is a regular contributor on NoJitter and the co-founder of BC Strategies – a collective of industry experts providing commentary and insights on the marketplace.
- UCaaS and CCaaS: They Simply Go Together
- Coming in 2022: A Better Customer Experience for the Masses
- Avaya Engages Government Consultants at Avaya ENGAGE
8 – Patrick Watson
Patrick is a Senior Analyst at Cavell Group who previously spent time as a journalist at UC Today.
Backed by Cavell’s extensive independent research, Patrick has his own way with words that makes business technology exciting again.
UC Marketing and Patrick have proven a formidable team getting many Cavell Group posts onto the first page of Google. There’s something about the power of a well-written content brief and Patrick’s unique style that makes everything fall into place.
- Has Microsoft Teams Growth Reached Its Peak?
- Should Unified Comms Vendors Be Scared of Video Conferencing?
- Microsoft Teams for Service Providers
9 – Elka Popova
Elka is a VP and Senior Fellow at Frost and Sullivan tasked with covering digital transformation and unified communications. In the middle of the comms industry since 2000, Elka has seen the VoIP industry transform into the modern collaboration tools we use today.
Elka is a regular contributor at NoJitter and often publishes her work on the well-renowned Frost and Sullivan blog.
- Battle for Telcos: Next Phase in War for Global UCaaS Domination
- Microsoft & Metaswitch: What’s Next for Enterprises, Operators?
- Healthcare Payers Need to Update their Technology to Compete
10 – Sheila McGee-Smith
Sheila is an independent analyst and founder of McGee-Smith Analytics, LLC. A contact centre veteran with over 40 years of experience, there’s not a lot Sheila hasn’t seen when it comes to technology in the call centre.
Operating as an independent analyst for 20+ years, Sheila is regularly seen in NoJitter, ICMI, and as the leading authority at industry conferences.
- Maintaining Stellar CX in a Hybrid Work World
- Conversation with a Contact Center Builder (Versus Buyer)
- Twilio Flex & Segment: Good Data Powering Customer Intelligence
11 – David Maldow
David is the face (and the video) behind Let’s Do Video. Founding the company in 2014, David has helped the largest brands in the video conferencing industry with video marketing and product reviews.
Through this experience, not only is David the person to talk to about all things video, but he’s also a terrific writer, often including examples from real-life experiences.
You can find David writing for Tech Target, Mio, and NoJitter, and uploading regular videos on his YouTube channel.
- How to record Zoom breakout rooms
- Digital Workplace: the benefits of asynchronous video for hybrid work
- How asynchronous video communication boosts remote work
12 – Dave Michels
Dave Michels is a self-proclaimed and industry-renowned protagonist of enterprise communications.
Dave founded his company, TalkingPointz.com in 2007 and has been writing, talking, and recording videos about the unified comms industry ever since.
Not one to hold back on a prediction or opinion, Dave’s content is both unbiased and human.
- Enterprise Connect 2023 Is Seeking Innovation
- It’s Time To Make Bots Sound Less Bot-Like
- Insider Report October 2022
Think somebody is missing from this list? Let me know here.